Monday, May 14, 2012

GAH WRITING!

I really don't want to blog today and I just want to write in my book so I will. I will leave you with a new character sketch (yet another not yet written into the book, but I'm working on it!) and a snippet from chapter 2 of CBaHC! Let me fill you in. Jane just got into a fight with another crew member and Aaron was chosen to cool her off.
This is Esmeralda. She's another Ali just like Bones, but she has a dark past. And she's blind...

“Some one go calm her,” Bones commanded. The crew looked amongst themselves, looking for some one to go get her after her meltdown. Conall pushed me out into her direction. I looked back to the crew, no one willing to go instead of me. I took a deep breath and went over to Jane. I jogged over and slowed behind her, shadowing her. I obviously did something wrong because she whipped her blade out and pointed it at my throat. I held my hands up and backed away.“What do you want?” she hissed.“I…uh… needed to calm you down… or that’s what Bones said,” I stuttered. She gave me a curious and disgusted look.“They sent you? Why would they send a spineless boy like you? It seems like the only human interaction you’ve had is with your mother.” Her voice and eyes were filled with anger. I never noticed her eyes changed to slits, like a cat.“My mother is dead.” It came out harsher and quieter than I expected. She was taken aback, mouth hanging open slightly. With one blink, her eyes were back to a more human eye. Her ears dropped, as if she actually was sad for me.“I’m sorry.” She wouldn’t look at me. “My mother is dead too. I never thought…”“It’s okay. We still have memories,” I replied. She looked up, genuinely surprised.“Yeah, we do.” Both of us chuckled a bit. “You’re not a bad kid. I’m just surprised Bones is letting you come along at such a young age.”“I have twenty eight years.” Jane’s mouth dropped again.“You? A weak, scared, awkward kid, I mean, man, like you has twenty eight years? You’re just full of surprises.” We began to walk back to the rest of the group now that Jane wasn’t a danger to anyone.“I’m not weak. I’m just lanky. Believe it or not, I’m a pretty good shot with a bow. I’m not a bad swordsman either,” I said. Jane seemed impressed by this.
-Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment