Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Dragon's lost her touch and Marvel is amazing

Okay, I'm going to make the first part of this really super quick so I can get to this story about Marvel. (don't worry, it's not another Avengers thing)
So when I get angry, it has been described as terrifying, dragon like, scary, and "has the ability to make satin shake", but I got a new one when I was texting my friend last night. He said I'm...cute... when I'm angry. Cute?! Cute! How?! I make people feel terrible and I make them know I'm disappointed in them... and it's cute?! The hell?! I'm losing my touch! Well, enough about me and onto the next story.
Marvel is an amazing company with amazing heroes, but they're the heroes in this story, as cheesy as it sounds. I don't know if anyone has read the story, but it is fantastic.
So there's this 4 year old little boy who loves super heroes and is deaf in his right ear and has to wear a large hearing aid on his left, which he calls "Big Blue". One day this boy, Anthony, refused to use his hearing aid because superheroes don't wear hearing aids. So his mom wrote to Marvel to see if they could help in any way. They sent him Hawkeye comics (who wears a hearing aid in the comics), some pictures of him as a superhero with Hawkeye, and they created a new superhero named The Blue Ear, who's power comes from his super hearing device.
How Awesome is that?! The guys at Marvel did so much for this little boy (who I assume is wearing his hearing aid again) when they could have done so little! Marvel, you rock even more now. If your comics and heroes wasn't enough, this is just... brilliant. Just brilliant. I'm so looking forward to grabbing a Blue Ear comic if they come out. I hope they do. 
I found out about this from the Philly D show :Philly D Blue Ear! Who got it from: The Daily What.
Well, that's a heartwarming story for ya! See? I can stop bitching about my life to share an awesome story like this!
Oh and doodle of the day is...
Ash Davis: Crystaline
This is my own superhero Ash Davis, who is Crystaline! She's from the planet Pantol and crash landed on earth after her ship that was on a diplomatic mission was taken over by mutineers. She didn't know if she was a hero or villain for some time, but she's been working to be a hero. Her power is that she can create purple crystals of any shape or size pretty much anywhere she chooses. She's also good at analyzing people's intentions and situations. 
I have some old sketches that I'll post later. I've redesigned her and added more to her story, but she's always had that jewel in her chest/neck area. Her costume has kinda changed as well and now she's in a more Marvel ish style. But that's all I have for now.
-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment