Thursday, March 22, 2012

Religion and other things that I have written about that could cause concern...

Okay, so today, I had an English essay due today on the novel, Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons. Out of all the topics I could have chosen to do an essay on, like racism, family, money, I have to chose the most controversial one that may or may not end up with me in the guidance office after spring break. I chose to analyze Ellen's relationship with God and compare it to an imaginary friend. Yep. "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." Linus, where were you when I was writing my essay?! I won't tell you what it is about, but I'll give you the title. "The Universal Imaginary Friend." I'm going to hell for sure. I wasn't bashing Christianity or anything! I was just comparing god to an imaginary friend. I swear! I never denied that God exists, nor did I prove it. I said, and I quote from my own essay, "God is like the imaginary friend that many people of the world share. He is the companion no one can prove exists, but he may still exist." I'm not bashing God, but I'm not supporting him either. As my friend Sarah would say, I'm walking on the line of neutrality. Long story short, I'm going to hell. Maybe Dave can get me a job...
I've also started on a short story I may or may not use for my short story unit in English class. It's about a serial killer and how she tortures and kills her last victim. I'm going for the whole parallel on the seven deadly sins and good vs. evil thing. Here's a section of it! (I'm going to the guidance office for sure if I use it...)
“From your cousin’s description of you, I knew you would say that. Seems you have quite a problem with your… pride,” she replied. Alfred’s blood ran cold with recognition. Vicky let that same smile from the funeral creep onto her face. “Gotcha.” She left the room only to come back in with a roll of fabric, containing several knives, needles, scalpels, and vials. She opened it up and four wooden legs shot from the corners. It had transformed itself into a table. Alfred was now terrified for his life. She took a pair of black leather gloves off of the table and put them on. Then, she took a dark hair band and tied her hair back. “Let’s begin.” She chose a needle and took out thirty milliliters of a dark blue liquid and injected it into Alfred’s arm. 
I know where I'll be spending my next few weeks if I turn that in! I hate having such controversial things! Life would so much easier if we could just speak freely and have no one care.
There's your picture for the day. It's a really old one from math class last year. I still like it though. It's one of the better ones in the notebook. I never paid (or pay) attention in math. I probably should considering I do poorly on a good portion of the tests...
-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment