Saturday, March 10, 2012

Knights and Blondes

Boy, have I got a dumb blond story for you. Well, come to think of it, my mom is a fake blond. She's really a mousy brunette, but that's besides the point. Might I preface this story with this is completely true. I did not make up any of this. She is really this stupid.
So earlier tonight, my mom, my brother, and I went to Khol's to get some stuff. The lights in our car were still on when we were walking to the store. My mom also heard a car running, but dismissed both clues. So after about a half hour of getting lost and trying on sweatpants, we went out to the car. We noticed the lights were still on. When we got into the car, I noticed the car was still on. Yes. The car was unlocked and running for half an hour while we were shopping. Slow clap for my brilliant mother. It was so unreal, I still can't believe she was that absent minded or just plain stupid. Then again, it is my mom...
Well, there's your picture for the day. I have recently began watching Full Metal Jousting on the History channel and OH MY GOD IT'S AWESOME!!! Now, I love knights, medieval dresses, and eating with out silverware, so jousting is part of that. The show is fantastic. I'm really rooting for the black team on this one, but Jame Fairclaugh, the 25 year old, 5'10", show jumper, is my favorite by far. He's the smallest of the group, but he packs a punch. I guess that's why they call him "The Hammer". He unhorsed a guy much bigger than him during one of the first practices. That takes skill. I can't wait to see him joust (even though he's on the red team). If I were a spectator at a joust (in a big pretty dress and all that jazz), he would be the knight I would bet on. It could be just like the tournament in Game of Thrones! I would be Sansa (who I was for Halloween) and James would be Sir Loras, except he wouldn't turn out to be gay in the end. Sorry if I just spoiled anything. *sigh* I really miss chivalry, jousts, and royal balls. But I'll get a taste of that this summer during the renascence fair!
-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment