Sunday, June 17, 2012

My knight in battered armor

So yesterday I did meet James Fairclough and Shane Adams from Full Metal Jousting. It was an absolute blast! Shane is super nice and James is such a gentleman.
So we woke up super early to drive three hours to get to the the Hanna City Olde English Faire. I was such a city girl on the way there. I got excited over the huge fields and the occasional cow. Not to mention I was gushing over how cute a small town we passed through was...
We got there at around 10:30, an hour before the first joust. That's when I met Shane and started talking to him. He told us about how he was trying to bring jousting back and all the politics that go into getting a second season of FMJ. He was so inspirational. It took him 20 years to get his dream up and going and a few years, he was living in his truck. In mid conversation, I kinda looked over to the side (because my mom was doing a lot of the talking) and I saw James walking over. He came over and recognized me! He didn't say it verbally, but he recognized me! And then my mom did some more talking with him too.
Look at that! See?! I did meet them! James only participated in the gauntlet the first joust, but he kicked butt in the second joust! He went up against Robert Combs and TJ Duquette and won both times! He has skill. But oh my gosh those two are fantastic! If you EVER have a chance to meet either of them, go. You will never regret it, even if it is a three hour car ride.
And James told me about an FMJ tournament in Madison, Wisconsin while I was there. I'm getting my friends and we're going. It's in August and more of the guys will be there. I believe he said Rope, both Joshes, and Jake were a few that were going. I can't freaking wait!
There's your doodle. It's from a while back and was inspired by the music from Riverdance's Fire dance.
-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment