Thursday, June 28, 2012

JUST CUT IT OFF!

Today felt like 100 degrees, though it was only in the 90s. Add humidity and just shoot me now. Oh and guess what I was wearing? A black turtleneck, jeans, black boots, and a navy hat. I'm a genius, I know. You may be wondering how stupid I am for wearing that. #1 It's cold in my school. I had summer school all day not because I'm stupid, but because I wanted to get a course out of the way for next year. #2 I was robbing a house and that is the appropriate attire. It was for theater camp. I was portraying my character Penny Howard (a 20 year old British art student) after she robbed a house with her friend. We had a prompt and that's what we came up with.
Back to the heat, I love the warmth. I love summer because it isn't freezing out and it's nice and sunny most of the time. But I have dark hair and it's medium length. And I hate it. My head is feels so heavy and just too warm. So I wanted to cut my hair off to a shorter length, but my family advises against it. So to them I say "Piss off and let my do what I want with my hair." Normally I listen to my family's advice, but today I just kinda said "Screw you." I'm not gonna get a bad haircut with no other opinions and just be screwed, but I'm just not wanting to deal with it. I'll talk to my hairdresser and see what she thinks. Because usually (in terms of hair) my family is wrong.
Wow, a paragraph about hair. What have I come to?! Well, now that summer is here, I can focus on writing more. I haven't really added anything to CBaHC, but I started a new story just for fun. It's called The Crystal Castle and basically surrounds my inside jokes, but the darker side. Like the kid from my angry rant. He's my "high priest" in the whole inside family tree/cult thing. I get into a fight with him and kick him out. It's quite nice. And there's an adorable goblin named Odaie (Oh-day-ee)! I scare the crap out of him, but it's made okay with a glass of cocoa. So basically a guy named Ross goes out to "turn the goddess good" because of a request of his dead sister Elodie. Here's the "legend" of the goddess in the crystal castle as told by Grandmother Oddy.
Once upon a time, there was a castle made of crystals in the fiery deserts. It was a beacon of light, the sun’s beams shattering as soon as it hit the green and white crystal towers. In this castle there lived a goddess as beautiful as she was villainous. She lived with her goblin servants and caused trouble from her rooms. She would stand in her green glass study over an orb that showed her the world. When she would touch the orb, the smoke inside would swirl faster and show her who ever she wished. She would touch the image of the person and close her eyes. And she would imagine what ever she wished and the person would experience it. Sometimes the person caught fire, sometimes their heart would suddenly stop. Others would fall into a deep depression and take their own lives. From her crystal castle, she would cause her mischief and no one ever stood in her way. For if they tried, she would know, and they would be dead before they could even see her magnificent castle.
            “Legend has it, that if you travel west far enough, the sand will turn to glass. For a week into the glass one must go before being able to see her castle, if she lets you live that long,” Grandmother Oddy recited to her grandchildren.
 I have twelve pages written up and maybe I'll post it on deviantart or maybe even a new blog. I doubt a new blog though. I don't think I'll ever finish it. But yeah. I've been talking with a friend (and my high priestess in the book) who is also writing a book (the main character is based off of me and she's ginger! YES!) and she's really been helping me out.
So, Doodle of the Day:

 Here's Odaie the little goblin that works in the crystal castle. He's such a cutie and I hope to bring him into the story more. This was just a doodle of him from my health workbook (because the class was super easy and super boring most of the time.) I also drew the goddess, Meredia, and a few other doodles, so I'll be posting those with hope, maybe even some of them colored and all nice and digital! Yay!
 -Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment