Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm not going to be blind soon!

Okay, so I lost my glasses a month or two ago and now I'm finally going to get new ones. Now maybe I can stop squinting at boards and successfully learn something before I get a head ache! I'm also getting contacts soon. Violet ones too! I feel like with my dark hair and pale skin, I'm going to look straight out of a sci-fi movie! I could be one of the Doctor's companion! I would probably be the most mentally unwell companion yet! It'd be a party on the TARDIS with me around. Oh yeah! My friend and I actually write Doctor Who fan fiction just for fun, including each other in it! She's become the Doctor's regular companion now and I've gotten one trip, but I'm fine with that. I wrote one when her and the Doctor (the 10th one of course! I mean, god his hair!) visit me in 2020 when I'm an actress with a semi successful career living with my favorite actor ever Harry Lloyd (<3) in a glass house. Apparently I had a mental break down and was in a mental hospital for violent tendencies and multiple personalities. But it's all good because the Doctor realizes it's actually multiple gas aliens fighting for dominance in me. I end up getting cured, but not before bludgeoning someone to death with a frying pan in a dark house with walls made of mirrors. It wasn't me though, it was the personality Alice. Maybe I'll put a little bit of it up once I finish it. That's about it.
Captain Bones and Her Crew Watch!
I'm almost finished with chapter 16: the wishing well. Aaron still needs to get out of Lady Barquelle's estate and make sure she can't hurt any one else. I'm almost at a big battle scene and I just can't seem to get there.
And as promised, a sketch of one of the characters.
This was a picture of Aaron before I discovered the beauty of the wet oily brush on Corel painter. I'm glad how he turned out in this one, but I'm probably going to re do it. I did a realistic version of him using the actor that will portray him if I get my way with the movie deal.
A little about Aaron straight from the book it's self:
(Aaron is reading a magic book entitled The Many Lives of Many People by the People Themselves.  This book basically tells the back story of any person of the reader's choice)
"This is the story of a boy named Aaron. He has no last name, no idea of his ancestry and no clue how to talk with girls. This is history, namely his.
On the forty second day of spring, Aaron was born in his small town of Sarantova. From the time he was born to when he entered school, nothing much happened, but this was to be expected from the son of a healer and a spice trader. When he entered school, all that really happened that was important was that he read. Aaron read every day, every night from the first rays of sun to the last moments of light. It didn’t matter what book or what topic, Aaron read. This was odd for this town, for most boys were out and about, scraping their knees, playing in the mud, and other activities that little boys do. He did retain a good amount of information that has been put to recent use aboard the Red Diamond, under the command of Isodle Elaine McDowell or Bones as known to her crew. 
On the eighth day of autumn in the eighth year of Aaron’s existance, Aaron had a rather unfortunate experience with a boy named Allan. Aaron was minding his own business, reading under a tree, when a fairly good sized pebble hit his forehead. The thrower of this projectile was Allan. Aaron, trying to avoid trouble, picked the pebble up and tossed it to the side. At this point, another pebble of a larger size hit Aaron’s forehead. Aaron, stopped reading and looked up to see Allan, Felix, and Gohog. 
“Hey glupper. Reading again?” Allan taunted. Glupper, for those who are not aware, is a female flox, and a very rude insult.
“Yes. Could you possibly stop please?” Aaron asked. His parents had well versed him in good manners.
“Why should I?” Allan taunted.
“Well, because, first of all, it hurts, and second, it’s distracting me from my reading, so if you could stop, that’d be nice,” Aaron replied.
“Reading is for losers!” Felix laughed, snatching the book. This situation then turned into a game of keep away, until a boy by the name of Conall came along. 
“Hey you three! Give his book back!” Conall shouted, walking over. Since Conall was older than the boys, they naturally obeyed then scattered. Conall walked over to young Aaron.
“Thank you sir for helping me retrieve my book,” Aaron thanked him. Conall messed Aaron’s hair up playfully like an older brother.
“Not a problem. And don’t call me sir. That’s not my name. I’m Conall,” replied eleven year old Conall.
“It’s nice to meet you, Conall. My name is Aaron,” replied eight year old Aaron.
“How old are you?” Aaron’s savior asked.
“I’m eight years of age.”
“You don’t sound like it.”
“I know.” After that exchange of words, Aaron and Conall became the best of friends. 
As Conall noticed, Aaron did not speak like an eight year old boy. This was because he mimicked the way he parents spoke, not other children. This was also because he spoke as if he was narrating a book himself."


OMG PREVIEW! Also, this is the biggest section of book I'm planing to give you. Just sayin. When I post about any other character other than Aaron, you won't get that much back story. I just felt generous and since it doesn't reveal a lot about Aaron, it's fine. I hope you enjoyed that!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment