Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year and Aidan Turner

So, it's almost 2014. I kinda succeeded at my goal from last year to blog at least once a month. Sorry about November, but I'd say I did fine. I had a few blogs for a month or two, so it's fine.
So, favorites of 2013
Favorite person I got to meet in 2013: Lauren Messemer. She is one of my best friends and I met her in spring of this year while working on Wit. Absolutely love this girl and she has been the biggest supporter of mine. And she went down town with me and was totally okay when I walked around in a cloak covering my face and hissing at people. She even wore the cloak for a bit. That's a true friend right there.

Favorite celebrity I got to meet in 2013: Has to be John Barrowman. He was so cool to meet and absolutely hysterical. It didn't seem to phase him that I was so flustered that I messed up words. He was super duper sweet and I hope I get to see him again in the future.

Favorite TV series of 2013: I'm trying to remember what I've started watching in 2013... Is it sad that I have to look at my Netflix queue? Come Fly With Me. Best comedy show I've seen in a while. I quote it all the time to my friends and it's kinda perfect.

Favorite Theater Production of 2013: Tommy at the Stratford Theater Festival. It was flawless. It was loud and in your face and a bit hard to follow at some times, but it was fantastic. I loved it. I wish I could see it again, but I can't... And we got to meet the guy who played Tommy and he was super nice! (The guy in the light blue shirt was Tommy)

Favorite Movies of 2013: This is plural because I couldn't decide. I loved Star Trek: Into Darkness. It was such a great film and those cheekbones on Benedict Cumberbatch. Mmm. I got to meet William Shatner before I went too, so that was cool.
Another movie (that pleasantly surprised me) was The City of Bones. Now, I read the book and hated it. But they did a much better job in the movie. The pacing was fantastic, there was a vampire battle put to dubstep, and Jamie Cambell Bower's cheek bones. They're pretty great. I didn't like the excessive use of songs with lyrics in the background, but it was great. And Lena Headey. I fucking love her. Oh, and Aidan Turner. More on him later. Like the next three lines of text later.
 
Also, I loved The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I actually just saw it a week ago and I CAN'T DECIDE IF I LOVE THIS MOVIE BECAUSE THERE ARE PARTS THAT FRUSTRATE ME AND KILI, SWEET KILI, KILLED ME!!! "Do you think she could have loved me?" TAKE MY HEART AIDAN TURNER AND SMASH IT INTO A THOUSAND PIECES YOU PERFECT SON OF A BITCH!!

JUST GET TOGETHER WITH TAURIEL ALREADY DAMNIT YOU TWO ARE TOO CUTE, BUT YOU'RE MY DWARF AND I'M SO CONFLICTED!! JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE! THAT IS THE FACE OF LOVE! STOP IT!

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE I SWEAR TO THE GREAT SMAUG HIMSELF DAMNIT STOP WITH THE WHOLE TRAGIC ROMANCE THING I CAN'T TAKE IT!!
And that was my official review of the second film in the Hobbit series... moving on...
Favorite actor of 2013: It has to go to Aidan Turner. I know him from 2012 or 2011 when I first got into Being Human, but the Hobbit brought back my Aidan Turner fangirl. I haven't been this obsessive in a while, but the Hobbit (and more so Aidan Turner) threw me back into stalker fangirl mode. I remember even seeing him the The Mortal Instrument and laughing. Not because he was bad or anything, but in Being Human, he was a vampire and in the City of Bones, he was a werewolf. I don't know. I just kinda found it funny. Also, fun fact: In my fan cast of Captain Bones and her Crew, I cast him as Lleu, Lugus, and Diamaid. Yes, all three because they're triplets. So congrats Aidan. See you when we start filming. And I hope you never see this post or forget it exists if you do.



Favorite Actress of 2013: I'm gonna have to go with Daniela Denby-Ashe. She was in the 2004 mini series North and South (with Richard Armitage). I loved this series so much and I love her as Margaret Hale. I read part of the book North and South by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell and I hated the character of Margaret and I much preferred her as portrayed by Daniela. I didn't hate Margaret with her characterization and I actually didn't get annoyed when she did stupid stuff like in the book. I felt for her. 


Favorite Concert of 2013: CELTIC THUNDER WAS SO FANTASTIC AND I WAS TOTALLY CALLED A GROUPIE FOR WAITING OUTSIDE THE STAGE DOOR AND I WAS ALMOST CRYING WHEN I REALIZED EMMET CAHILL WASN'T GOING TO SING ISLE OF INNISFREE BUT ALL OF THEM WERE SO FANTASTIC!!
That is all.
Favorite Comic series of 2013: I was originally going to put The Young Avengers, but I'd have to say Hawkeye now. I just got into the comic after buying the volume 1 collection for Christmas. And I. Am. In. Love. I seriously love it because it is connected, but you don't have to read the previous ones to understand the plot. And Kate Bishop and Clint Barton. I never knew I wanted to ship them, but I do now. So badly. Even though she's a lot younger. I love them.

So, what does 2014 hold for me?
I may be directing a play I wrote entitled "Pomegranate". I'll find out next month or February if I got it.
I'll be continuing teaching myself Gaelic and practice my writing in Anglo-Saxon runes.
Prom. College Visits. Chicago Wizard World. I'm also going to try to get over to England or Ireland over the summer. Perhaps I'll get some practice with my Gaelic! 
That's it. New Year's Resolution is to use the runes whenever I can and to finish Captain Bones. That's what I've got. What about you reading this? Yes you. What are your favorites, maybe least favorites? Let me know!
~ Good night and joy be to you all
Doodle of the day:
Come on. You can't expect me to fangirl and NOT draw Aidan. You just can't. There was too much glare on the lighter version, so sorry!
Gif of the Day:

This is the last time I can ever use this beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment